The map of sites where the demolition was held.
The government paid 5 Polish Zloty for a day's work.
A brick from the destroyed church in Czerniejów.
Firemen were hired to destroy the churches.
In 1938, the Polish government commissioned the demolition of Orthodox churches in the eastern part of Lubelskie voivodship, where the Eastern Orthodox Church had held a dominant position since the Middle Ages. The official documents of that time stated that the region should be "more Polish" and indications of Orthodox culture, connected by the authorities with Russia and Ukraine, should disappear. From May to July 1938 more than 120 buildings were destroyed.